What is MongoDB ?
MongoDB is a popular open-source, NoSQL database management system designed to store and manage large volumes
of unstructured or semi-structured data. It employs a document-based model, where data is stored in
JSON-like BSON format, allowing flexibility and scalability for complex data structures. MongoDB's key
features include horizontal scaling, automatic sharding, and support for geospatial indexes. It enables
developers to build modern, scalable applications with ease, making it a go-to choice for various use cases
like web applications, mobile apps, and IoT applications. MongoDB's dynamic schema and powerful querying
capabilities make it well-suited for agile and evolving data requirements.
Introduction to MongoDB:
- Overview of MongoDB and its role as a NoSQL database.
- Comparison with relational databases.
MongoDB Installation and Setup:
- Installing MongoDB on different operating systems.
- Configuring and starting MongoDB server.
MongoDB Data Modeling:
- Understanding the document-based data model.
- Designing collections and documents.
CRUD Operations in MongoDB:
- Performing Create, Read, Update, and Delete operations using the MongoDB shell and drivers.
- Using MongoDB's query language to retrieve specific data.
- Filtering, sorting, and limiting query results.
Indexing and Aggregation:
- Creating indexes for optimizing query performance.
- Aggregating data using MongoDB's aggregation framework.
Data Replication and Sharding:
- Understanding MongoDB's replica sets for high availability.
- Horizontal scaling with sharding for distributing data across clusters.
Geospatial Data and Indexing:
- Working with geospatial data and performing geospatial queries.
- Creating geospatial indexes for efficient spatial queries.
MongoDB and Programming Languages:
- Using MongoDB with different programming languages (e.g., Node.js, Python, Java).
- MongoDB driver installations and basic usage.
Data Security and Authentication:
- Configuring access control and user authentication in MongoDB.
- Best practices for securing MongoDB instances.
Backing up and Restoring MongoDB Data:
- Implementing backup and restoration strategies to ensure data integrity.
- Overview of MongoDB's cloud-based database service, MongoDB Atlas.
- Deploying, managing, and scaling MongoDB clusters on Atlas.